Senior Technical Designer
Studio Roqovan | Los Angeles (Greater Los Angeles Area)
Studio Roqovan is seeking a sharp, creative Senior Designer to create awesome gameplay experiences in a collaborative, agile environment.
· 3+ years of experience as a designer / scripter shipping at least one game or substantial modding work.
· Experience working with a 3D game engine to create, design and implement compelling gameplay.
· Extensive knowledge of game balancing, multiplayer design, and player choice.
· Preferred experience with Unreal Engine 4
· Preferred experience with VR
· Experience coding in an Object Orient Language ( C, C++, C#, Java, … etc )
· Strong verbal and written skills with ability to ‘sell the room’ on game design proposals and initiatives.
· Proactive team player able to recognize the importance of collaborative efforts.
· Offer advice and suggestions for improving the game and development processes.
· Unbridled passion for all types of games with a distinct ability to break down and articulate what does and doesn’t work in game design and execution.
· Accustomed to rapid iteration.
· Small, collaborative environment with close-knit team
· With minimal oversight on a developing project, every member can make significant contributions to impact the final game
· Convenient location from Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley, just 30 minutes from beaches, major museums, or anywhere else you’d like to go
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
· Food. Seriously, these guys like to feed us
Studio Roqovan is an independent game studio developing content for emerging virtual reality and existing video game platforms.